I have special interest in databases, data mining, data warehousing, AI, parallel programming, and health informatics, human behaviors and interactions with computers, and e-Learning.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, Parallel Bifold: Large-Scale Parallel Pattern Mining with Constraints, Distributed and Parallel Databases, an International Journal, Springer, 2006.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, YAFIMA: Yet Another Frequent Itemset Mining Algorithm, Journal Of digital information management, Volume 3, number 4, pp 243-248, December 2005.
- Osmar R. Zaïane and Mohammad El-Hajj, Bi-Directional Constraint Pushing in Frequent Pattern mining, Book chapter, Data Mining Patterns: New Methods and Applications, A book to be published by Idea Group Inc, 2007.
- Wessam Gad El-Rab, Osmar Zaiane and Mohammad El-Hajj, Unsupervised Graph-based Word Sense Disambiguation of Biomedical Documents, IEEE Healthcom, Lisbon, Portugal, October 9-12, 2013
- Wessam Gad El-Rab, Osmar Zaiane and Mohammad El-Hajj, Analyzing the impact of UMLS relations on the Word Sense Disambiguation accuracy, 3rd International Conference on Current and Future Trends of Information and Communication Technologies in Healthcare (ICTH) Niagara Falls, Canada, October 21-24, 2013.
- Wessam Gad El-Rab, Osmar Zaiane and Mohammad El-Hajj, Biomedical Text Disambiguation using UMLS International Symposium on Network Enabled Health Informatics, Biomedicine and Bioinformatics Niagara Falls, Canada, Aug 25-28, 2013
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Julie Burger, Robert S. Hayward, Virtual Research Communities To Bridge People, Knowledge And Evidence. 2011 RTNA Conference. Edmonton, Canada, October 12-14 2011
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Wessam Gad El-Rab, Osmar R. Zaiane, Judy Gnarpe, Robert S. Hayward, Impact of Online Educational Games on the Education of Medical students, Canadian eLearning Conference (CelC 2010), Edmonton, Canada, June 22-25, 2010.
- Julie Laverdiere, Mohamad El-Hajj, and Robert S. Hayward, Virtual Research Community to improve quality of care. Canadian eLearning Conference (CelC 2010), Edmonton, Canada, June 22-25, 2010.
- Mohammad El-Hajj, and Robert S Hayward, Predicting user behavior to facilitate efficient provision of health applications. The 2009 International Conference on Advanced in Social Network Analysis and Data Mining. ASONAM 2009: 324-329
- Robert S Hayward, Mohammad El-Hajj, Dwight D. Harley. Correlations between Informatics Activity and Scores on Weekly Quizzes. 2008 Canadian Conference on Medical Education (Montréal).
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Jiyang Chen, Osmar R. Zaiane, and Randy Goebel Constraint-Based Mining of Web Page Associations, Twentieth Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, December 2-6, 2007.
- Robert S Hayward, Mohammad El-Hajj, Tanya K Voth, and Kelly Deis Patterns of Use of Decision Support Tools by Clinicians, AMIA 2006 Annual Symposium: Biomedical and health Informatics, Washington, DC, USA, November 11-15, 2006.
- Mohammad El-Hajj , Robert S Hayward, and Tanya K Voth Predicting Information Preferences from Information Logs, AMIA 2006 Annual Symposium: Biomedical and health Informatics, Washington, DC, USA, November 11-15, 2006.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, Parallel Leap: Large-Scale Maximal Pattern Mining in a Distributed Environment, International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS’06), Minneapolis, MN, USA, July 12-15, 2006.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, Mining with Constraints by Pruning and Avoiding Ineffectual Processing, The 18th Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Sydney, Australia 5-9 December 2005.
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Osmar R. Zaïane and Paul Nalos, Bifold Constraint-Based Mining by Simultaneous Monotone and Anti-Monotone Checking,, The fifth IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM’05), Houston, TX, USA, 27 – 30 November, 2005.
- Osmar R. Zaïane and Mohammad El-Hajj, Pattern Lattice Traversal by Selective Jumps, in Proc. 2005 Int’l Conf. on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (ACM SIGKDD), Chicago, IL, USA. August 21-24, 2005.
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Osmar R. Zaiane Finding All Frequent Patterns Starting From The Closure, The First International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications Wuhan, China, July 22-24, 2005.
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Osmar R. Zaiane On Frequent Itemset Mining with Closure, 2nd International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT 2005), Amman, Jordan May, 2005. pp 21-30.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, Inverted Matrix: Efficient Discovery of Frequent Items in Large Datasets in the Context of Interactive Mining, in Proc. 2003 Int’l Conf. on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (ACM SIGKDD), Washington, DC, USA, August 24-27, 2003.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, Non Recursive Generation of Frequent K-itemsets from Frequent Pattern Tree Representations, in Proc. of 5th International Conference on Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery (DaWak’2003), Prague, Czech Republic, September 3-5, 2003.
- Osmar R. Zaïane, Mohammad El-Hajj, Paul Lu, Fast Parallel Association Rule Mining Without Candidacy Generation, in Proc. of the IEEE 2001 International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM’2001), pp 665-668, San Jose, CA, USA, November 29-December 2, 2001.
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Osmar R. Zaiane, Implementing Leap Traversals of the Itemset Lattice, in ACM SIGKDD Open Source Data Mining Workshop on Frequent Pattern Mining Implementations (OSDM’05), Chicago, IL, USA, August 21, 2005.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, COFI Approach for Mining Frequent Itemsets Revisited, 9th ACM SIGMOD Workshop on Research Issues in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (DMKD-04), Paris, France, June 2004.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, COFI-tree Mining: A New Approach to Pattern Growth with Reduced Candidacy Generation, in Workshop on Frequent Itemset Mining Implementations (FIMI’03) in conjunction with IEEE-ICDM 2003, Melbourne, Florida, USA, 19 November, 2003.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane, Parallel Association Rule Mining with Minimum Inter-Processor Communication, Fifth International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Databases (PaDD’2003) in conjunction with the 14th Int’ Conf. on Database and Expert Systems Applications DEXA2003, Prague, Czech Republic, September 1- September 5, 2003.
- Osmar R. Zaiane, Mohammad El-Hajj, Yi Li, Stella Luk, Scrutinizing Frequent Pattern Discovery Performance, IEEE ICDE, Tokyo, Japan, April, 2005.
- Osmar R. Zaïane and Mohammad El-Hajj, Advances and Issues in Frequent Pattern Mining, Eighth Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD’04), Sydney, Australia, May, 2004. (Conference Tutorial Notes).