David Cheoros has been teaching at GMU since 2008. Currently, he teaches in the Arts & Cultural Management Program:
- AGAD 121 – Applied Marketing
- AGAD 123 – Human Resource Management
His research topics have included the use of nonfiction sources in performing arts materials, the creation of grassroots marketing initiatives inside large institutions, and the integration of capitalistic and socialistic arts production.
Honours BA, Cultural Management Specialization, Honours Theatre, University of Waterloo
Master of Fine Arts, Theatre, University of Victoria
David has been working for more than twenty years with arts organizations across Canada. Selected employers are as follows:
- LitFest: Edmonton’s Nonfiction Festival (Producer)
- Edmonton EXPO 2017 bid (devised programming plan)
- Theatre Network: Live at the Roxy (General Manager)
- Blue Sky Films (Associate Producer)
- FAVA, Film and Video Arts – Alberta (Executive Director)
- Comedy Arts Festival, Edmonton (Co-Producer)
- Edmonton Fringe Theatre Festival (Festival Director)
David is a theatre producer, director, designer, playwright and occasional filmmaker. His productions have toured to a dozen cities all over North America, and to Adelaide Australia.
With his wife, archivist Karen Simonson, he forms MAA & PAA Theatre. MAA & PAA is dedicated to creating and presenting original live performance grounded in original Albertan stories. Since 2007, MAA & PAA has also hosted a wide range of productions at the Edmonton Fringe Festival, at the Strathcona Public Library.