Mike Annett, PhD BCom CHRP
School of Business, MacEwan University
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) November 2008
University of Alberta School of Business
Strategic Management and Organization, Specializing in Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) May 2000
University of Alberta School of Business
Major in Human Resource Management
Disability Management in Organizations: Antecedents and Consequences of Programs and Manager Behaviours
- Labour & Employee Relations – HRMT 412 (Winter 2015)
- Learning & Development – HRMT 318 (Winter 2015)
- Pension & Benefit Plans – HRMT 331 (Winter 2015)
- Introduction to Management – MGT 1000 (Fall 2014)
- Research Methodology – MGT 2700 (Fall 2010, Winter 2011, Fall 2012)
- Advanced Human Resources – MGT 4350 (Fall 2011, Winter 2012)
- Introduction to Human Resource Management – MGT 3050 (Summer 2011, Summer 2012, Summer 2014, Summer 2015)
- Managing the Workforce: International Perspectives – SMO 417 (Winter 2006, Winter 2007, Winter 2008, Winter 2009)
- Organization Theory – MGT 3360 (Spring 2009)
- Introduction to Strategic Management – Org A 321 (Spring 2006)
Withey, M.J., Gellatly, I.R., & Annett, M. (2005). The moderating effect of situational strength on the relationship between personality and effort expenditure. Journal of Applied Social Psychology.
Annett, M. & Sonpar, K. Labour Risk and the Knowledge Economy. Western Academy of Management (Las Vegas, 2005) Conference Publication.
Industry and Scholarly Presentations:
- Building and Sustaining Analytics Teams. Analytics, Big Data and the Cloud II (Edmonton, AB. 2013)
- Building Analytics Capacity in the HR Community. Analytics, Big Data and the Cloud (Edmonton, AB. 2012)
- Building HR Business Partner Capacity in the Alberta Public Service. Chongqing (China) Special Delegation to the University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB. 2012)(Simultaneous Language Translation)
- Respect Works (1-day workshop). Alberta Public Service – Scheduled Courses (Edmonton, AB. 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Labour Risk and the Knowledge Economy. Western Academy of Management (Las Vegas, NV. 2005)
- Organization Change. Western Academy of Management (Las Vegas, NV. 2005)
- Human Risk Management. HRIA Conference 2005 (Edmonton, AB. 2005)
- Release the Genie? Why Not? Business Research Conference (Edmonton, AB. 2005)
- The Moderating Effect of Situation Strength on the Relationship Between Personality and Behaviour. Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (Halifax, NS. 2003)
- Situations, Personality, and Workplace Behaviour. Business Research Conference (Edmonton, AB. 2003)
- Evaluating Organizational Culture and its Effects. Business Research Conference (Edmonton, AB. 2002)
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Alberta Public Service Employment
- Corporate Human Resources: Manager, Human Resource Community Development
(Oct. 2011 – Dec 2014).
- Advanced Education and Technology: a) Manager, Research and Program Evaluation (Feb. 2009 – Sept 2011), and b) Program Consultant, HR Strategies (Apr. 2007 – Jan. 2009).
- Innovation and Science: Organization Development Consultant (Apr. 2004 – Mar. 2007).
- Alberta Corporate Service Centre: a) Business Analyst, IMAGIS Project Team [peoplesoft] (Sept. 2003 – Mar. 2004), and b) Human Resource Consultant (Apr. 2001 – Sept. 2003).
- Corporate Human Resources: HR Consultant Intern (May 2000 – Mar. 2001).
- MacEwan University: Assistant Professor (2014 to present).
- University of Lethbridge: Instructor (2009-2012).
- University of Alberta: Instructor (2006 – 2009).
- Government of Canada, Statistics Canada: Honourary / Deemed Employee (Mar. 2006 – Present).
- Organizational Research Group: Director / Owner (2005 – 2010).
HUMAN RESOURCE COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Producer and Videographer for the short film “Community in Conversation” (2012).
- Video Participant, ‘Ask Our Employees’ (2008)
- Video Participant, ‘Your Internship, Turning Education into Careers’ (2008)
- Key participant, developer, and content progenitor, HR Community Website (2006-Present)
- Co-Chair, Strategic Human Resource Network (2003-2006)
- Member, Organizing Committee of the Evaluation and Assessment Network (2010-Present)
- Editor, Western Academy of Management Conference Proceedings (2005 -2007)
- Member, Human Resource Institute of Alberta (2004 – Present)
- Mentor, U of A Student Human Resource Association (2003 – 2005)
- Treasurer, International Personnel Management Association (2000-2001)
- Member, International Personnel Management Association (1999-2005)
- President, University of Alberta Human Resource Management Students’ Association (UAHRMA) (1999-2000)
FELLOWSHIPS AND HONOURS
- City of Edmonton Graduate Fellowship at the University of Alberta (2003-2004) ($7,000)
- Certified Human Resources Professional (2004 – Present)
- Member, Golden Key National Honour Society (2000 – present)